a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Friday, June 16, 2017

ACNE PRE-FALL 2017 IS MAKING ME SO HAPPY

          I just got an email from Acne Studios announcing their Pre-Fall 2017 collection is on sale now, and I feel like an idiot for only seeing it now. This is, undoubtedly, my favorite collection of theirs in recent memory. And I need to go through why.

 
          First of all, the 70s vibes are timed perfectly with my current obsession with 70s music: Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, late Velvet Underground, early Blondie... I'm here for it. I also think there's something about the color scheme that really reminds me of home. The 70s was obviously a golden age for the music industry centered in Los Angeles, so I'm definitely coming from somewhere. The burnt oranges and browns remind me of California's rolling hills, the yellows recall bright summer days, the blues are the color of a VSCO-filtered ocean pic. Yet with the big, baggy silhouettes, the pieces are still very much Acne. I miss home, and this collection is making me feel a little closer to it.

          The photos are also impeccable. The model's haircut is fantastic, and I've recently been really wanting to dye my hair a super-dark brown, and this look is definitely inspiring me to do so. It even makes me sorta want bangs again. No, Alyssa... no....



xx Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment