a los angeles girl in new york city

A STYLE, MUSIC, ART, AND TRAVEL JOURNAL

Sunday, June 4, 2017

OUTFIT: Governors Ball 2017 (Sunday)

          I had a lovely time yesterday at Governors Ball. I'd never been before, and I got a free wristband from my friend, so I was a very happy gal. I saw Car Seat Headrest and Local Natives - both were great sets. I even watched Rae Sremmurd from afar. I tried.
          All I have to say about Gov Ball style is that it's a lot of teenage girls trying to pretend they're at Coachella. Bodysuits under high-waisted denim shorts, face jewels, and reflective sunnies were abound. I mean, people looked good, but I felt a little out of place yesterday in my baggy skater jeans and normcore shoes. Today, I'm trying to tap back into my inner California festival girl while still dressing appropriately for the sub-70 temperatures and cloudy skies.




          I'm wearing a lace bralette from Urban Outfitters, a vintage silk cami, vintage 501s, a thrifted western belt, and Vans SK8-His. Today is going to be great - I'm seeing The Orwells, Parquet Courts, Warpaint, and The Avalanches, among others. Should be fun.

xx Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. omg carseat headrest n warpait! I've been wanting to go to gov ball, but wont be in the city till sept, so catch me at the meadows! btw love the lace shirt <3

    afuckinglook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss I wanna go to the meadows!! thank you!

      Delete